Welcome to NCDC Career
Welcome to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). The NCDC is the national public health institute with the mandate to lead the prevention, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks in Nigeria.
Our Core functions Includes:
- Prevent, detect, and control diseases of public health importance.
- Coordinate surveillance systems to collect, analyse and interpret data on diseases of public health importance.
- Support states in responding to small outbreaks and lead the response to large disease outbreaks.
- Develop and maintain a network of reference and specialised laboratories.
- Conduct, collate, synthesise, and disseminate public health research to inform policy.
- Lead Nigeria’s engagement with the international community on diseases of public health relevance
We strive to carry out our mandate and core functions with the commitment of a skilled workforce.
NCDC Post-Baccalaureate Intenship Programme
The NCDC Post-Baccalaureate Internship Programme
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) post-baccalaureate internship programme provides short term opportunities for fresh graduates, postgraduate students and interested candidates in the public health, medical and paramedical professions, to broaden their knowledge and build capacities in prevention, detection and control of diseases of public health importance. The programme offers to interns learning opportunities for hard, soft and professional skills, including improved capacity for report writing, proper meeting documentation, public presentations, disease surveillance, and more. Students in relevant research degree programmes within and outside Nigeria can also participate in short term research projects under direct field supervision at NCDC. The overall aim of the programme is to develop and strengthen public health workforce within and outside Nigeria in line with global best practices.
The internship programme admits two cohorts annually:
- 1st Cohort (March - May)
- 2nd Cohort (October - December) Programme Duration
- Duration: 3 months
Selection Criteria:Applicants must be graduates who have completed the NYSC. Applicants in the following categories are preferable:
- Graduate student of Community/Public Health, Epidemiology, Laboratory Science, Emergency Management, Health and Commodity Management, Risk Communication, ICT and related fields.
- Personnel working in Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Environment, Information or those in relevant institutions or engaged in research in the aforementioned fields.
- Candidates are advised to come with a laptop upon resumption
- Candidates are advised to be fully vaccinated and come with evidence of vaccination
- We encourage adherence to IPC and other safety measures
Call for Application:
Application is open from 17th October 2023 and closes 20th October 2023.
Please note that this is not a paid employment but an opportunity for students to increase their learning and work experience.